It’s safe to say the Artistic Duo Pan-Pot (Tassilo Ippenberger & Thomas Benedix) are at they peak of their creative game, and have no signs of slowing down. They have earned respect from the electronic music industry’s finest. In this day, it’s rare to find artist who are aces in the studio and amazing Dj’s. Playing festivals like Timewarp, Sonar, Awakenings, or intimate settings Pan-Pot aptly adjusts and consistently delivers.
We caught up with Pan-Pot, for On&On’s next installment of Free Your Inhibitions….
Where were you born? – Thomas: in Templin, a small city bit North-East of Berlin.
– Tassilo: also small city but in Bavaria, called Traunstein. So when we were born we lived in different parts of back then divided Germany.
At what point in your career as a Artists¨ did you realize that you were “All In”?
– Tassilo: That was actually when we both met at the school of audio engineering. With our first releases, especially on mobilee we know that this was it.
What type of music did you listen to growing up?
– Tassilo: for me it was Hip-Hop and Rock, quite all over the place.
– Thomas: My grandma bought me a Thuderdome hardcore cassette, which got me instantly hooked to Techno. So that was there for me very quite early.
If you could remix one of those artists and open for them at a club who would it be?
– Thomas: The Prophet and I would love to play at Gashouder with him 🙂
What is your ideal set length, and what’s the longest set you’ve played?
– Tassilo: This is really hard to say. The average is around 2-3 hours but it totally depends on the place. At festivals you usually play shorter sets and at clubs we do like to play longer. At our residents for example Watergate Berlin or Stereo Montreal we like to play sets around 6 hours.
– Thomas: Next year we want to play an all-nighter in Berlin again, which usually is around 8 hours. Thats about the max though, even for two people, as we don’t take turns but play together.
Where’s the best sound system you’ve ever played on?
– Thomas: the same. 🙂
– Tassilo: Ageha, Tokyo
Can you describe how your style music sounds? (For contex, it’s 3AM, and you are playing a warm open air venue with an amazing sound system and there’s 1500 people who are huge fans of yours!)
– Thomas: Totally depend on the crowd, if its more release then bit like this: https://soundcloud.com/pan-pot/pan-pot-sonar-by-day-2015
and it they want more action that like this: https://soundcloud.com/pan-pot/pan-pot-sonar-by-night-2015
What’s the most memorable set you’ve heard in the last few months?
– Tassilo: Probably the Amnesia Closing party in Ibiza, where we played on the terrace.
– Thomas: agreed.
If you could go to space and return, how long would you stay for, who would you bring, and where would you go?
– Thomas: Realistically: one month to ISS or 3days to the moon and unrealistically: Kepler 452b or some Exoplanets in habitale zone at M31 (Andromeda)
F.Y.I. featuring PAN-POT